Bo·he·mi·an (from dictionary.com)
1. a native or inhabitant of Bohemia
2. a person, as an artist or writer, who lives and acts free of regard for conventional rules and practices.
3. the Czech language, especially as spoken in Bohemia
4. a Gypsy
5. of or pertaining to Bohemia, its people, or their language
6. pertaining to or characteristic of the unconventional life of a Bohemian
7. living a wandering or vagabond life, as a Gypsy
From several sites: Strengths: analytical, charming, helpful, humane, informed about good health, intelligent, modest, observant, organized, practical, precise, reliable, shy and witty. Weaknesses: cold, dogmatic, eccentric, fussy, harsh, inflexible, nervous, overcritical, overdemanding, perfectionist, prudish, skeptical, tendency towards hypochondria, untidy.
Although I really know very little about the culture, my maternal grandfather was full-blooded Bohemian, so I am, by blood, 25% Bohemian. I know nothing of the language. However, I am most definitely an unconventional free spirit with a wandering soul. When naming this blog, the other title in serious contention was the Repressed Gypsy. The other side of the equation is my virgo side. My inner virgo was the dominant part of my personality in my younger years, but she has been reined in and really only serves to keep me grounded and to keep me from going too far off the deep end. I am organized but messy, less of a perfectionist than I used to be (though it is still there), not as critical as I used to be, and modest but not prudish. It is an interesting combination, one that I feel I am blessed to have. Both sides serve to make me who I am.
This blog is about my adventures (and occasionally my opinion) as I go through this journey called life.